Top 5 tips on how to make the most out of #TMBatHOME
#TMBatHOME is up and running and we couldn’t be more excited to bring the TMB studio experience and heart-pumping HIIT workouts directly to your home. To help you get the most out of your at-home workouts and optimize your performance we have outlined some important tips from our trainers below!
1) Move with a Purpose. Dedicate a minute before your workout begins to review the format of the workout and the exercises that you’ll be doing. This way your energy can be spent on getting the most from your body with each movement when it’s time to work. The more you put in the more you’ll get out.
2) Be Creative and Functional. The definition of functional training is to center workouts around exercises which help you perform the activities of your daily life more easily. Tough Mudder Bootcamp is at its core a functional training program. Therefore, what’s more functional than using items from your daily life to train with at home?
- Light weight – canned goods, water bottles, small bags filled with rice/dry goods, etc.
- Medium weight – bag with books, sack of oranges, jugs of water/detergent
- Heavy weight – suitcase, sack of potatoes, bag of pet food, etc.
3) Track your Performance. These workouts are you vs. you. Use your MyZone heart rate monitor (if you have one) to track your MEPs. Repeat the workout later in the week with the goal of beating your MEP results. If you don’t have a MyZone or other heart rate monitor, track your performance by counting how many rounds, reps, and weight you used for each exercise and use that data for the next workout.
4) Share with the Tribe. In a time where it can be easy to feel isolated or alone, we just want to remind you that Tough Mudder Bootcamp is a community and we’re in this together. As part of #TMBatHOME, you have access to our exclusive Facebook group to share or absorb some inspiration, tips, results, and feedback with the tribe. You can also join live ZOOM workouts for some workout partners!
5) Rest and Recover. Just because these workouts are done at home doesn’t mean that they’re easy! Make sure you’re keeping up with your usual lifestyle habits to ensure that you’re recovering properly and getting ready for the next workout. That means hydrating, stretching, eating healthy foods, and getting some quality sleep. In the Facebook group you’ll find some tips from our coaches and members if you need some additional guidance.
Not part #TMBatHOME yet? Click here to join in on the fun and get started with a FREE 7 day trial!